Make a water conservation catcher
Test your knowledge of water conservation. If you don’t know the answer, that’s OK. You’ll find the answers inside.
Create the water conservation catcher
- Click here to open the PDF and print the design to your printer.
- Cut off excess paper on two sides to form a square.
- Fold square in half along the indicated lines, both vertically and horizontally. Open so that the page is flat.
- Turn the paper over so that the printed side is down. Fold the corners into the center of the square so that a smaller square is formed.
- Turn over the square so that the smooth side is facing up. Fold corners to the center of the square.
- Fold square in half lengthwise; then open. Fold square in half along the opposite length, then open.
- Turn over so that cartoon animals are facing upward. Gently pinch together the center of the square so that the pointed edges pull apart to form finger holes. You are now ready to play!
How to play
- Insert two fingers from your left hand into each of the two holes on the left side of the water conservation catcher and do the same for the right.
- Have a friend choose an animal. Above each animal is a number. Open and close the water conservation catcher according to the number above the animal chosen.
- Have your friend choose another number that appears above the questions. Open and close the water conservation catcher that number of times.
- Have your friend choose a question and see if your friend knows the answer.
- Open the flap under the question to learn the answer.
For added fun, use your crayons or colored pencils to color the animals and backgrounds of the boxes before folding the water conservation catcher.