In this section
District GIS links
State agencies of Florida
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection GIS main page
- Florida Department of Transportation county imagery (APLUS)
- Northwest Florida Water Management District GIS data
- South Florida Water Management District GIS data distribution
- Suwannee River Water Management District
- Southwest Florida Water Management District GIS data distribution
- FEMA Q3 data
- National Wetlands Inventory
- NRCS Soil Data Mart
- NRCS web soil survey
- U.S. DoC – NOAA – NOS – National Geodetic Survey
- USGS EarthExplorer (EROS)
- USGS National Map Seamless Data Distribution System
Geographic information system (GIS) development program
The geographic information system (GIS) development program of the St. Johns River Water Management District was created in 1989 to implement GIS technology in support of district programs and projects.
The district has made significant investments in this program, including data collection, analysis, custom tool development, and staff training. As a result of this investment, large numbers of users across many district programs and projects use GIS technology as a tool for mapping, analysis and decision making.
The district has developed a true enterprise GIS database, containing districtwide data layers that are managed by staff in the Office of Information Technology (IT), and project-specific data layers managed jointly by project and IT staff. Users from all divisions and locations can access all data layers. Demands for increased access, more data, and new technology and the need for user coordination require a sustained commitment to the program.