The Great Water OdysseySM
In this section
- Third–grade overview
- Fourth–grade overview
- Fifth–grade overview
- Try games online
- System requirements
The Great Water OdysseySM is a fun, interactive, web-based educational program that teaches about water resources and their protection and conservation. It is available free to educators.
- Using the Odyssey program, third-, fourth- or fifth-grade students can be taught science, history, geography, social studies, reading and math in a fast-paced, engaging way that correlates to Florida Standards. Odyssey nurtures a greater awareness and appreciation of Florida’s watersheds and their ecosystems, and promotes responsible actions for the health, protection and use of Florida’s water resources.
- Students’ knowledge can be tested with practice questions modeled after standardized testing and students can be rewarded with educational games and certificates of completion.
- Introduces students to the world of water through an entertaining, interactive program.
- Features cartoon animation with friendly characters, voices and music.
- Incorporates multiple subjects.
- Enhances critical thinking skills and improves reading skills.
- Provides stories to read along with fun, challenging quizzes.
- Easy online access, instructional resources and student progress monitoring at your fingertips.
- Includes an educator’s manual for each grade level, background information, and learning and reading extensions.
How Odyssey can help achieve the educator’s objectives
- The program is correlated with Florida Standards.
- Provides an engaging, hands-on and fun learning experience.
- Develops an awareness of Florida’s fragile water resources.
- Develops positive water use behaviors.
With Odyssey, educators have the flexibility to teach from any grade level and any module, at his or her own pace.
For more information
To learn how you can use Odyssey in your classroom, contact: