Verifying signatures of district officials
in Microsoft Office or Adobe PDF documents obtained from this site
Signature verification instructions
for Microsoft Office documents
To verify a signature of an officer of the St. Johns River Water Management District in a Microsoft Office Word document (.docx), you must download two files (right) and install on your local drive.
- Using the links above right, download the two files shown (below) to a temporary local directory on your computer (e.g., C:\temp).
- Double click “ARX Office Verifer.msi.”
- The file will automatically run through the installation process. Click “Finish” when the installation is completed.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the “ARX SAPI Verifier.”
- Afterward, when you open a Microsoft Office Word document (.docx) that has been digitally signed by a district employee, you should see a message that ensures the validity of the signature.
- To validate the signature in Microsoft Word, right click on the signature in the document, select “Signature Details” and you can verify the signature.
Signature verification instructions for Adobe PDF
(portable document format) documents
To verify a signature of an officer of the St. Johns River Water Management District in an Adobe PDF document, you will need to check a setting in your Adobe Reader/Writer preferences.
- In Adobe Reader/Writer go to Edit > Preferences:
- Go to Security and then click on “Advanced Preferences.”
- Click on the “Windows Integration” tab and ensure that all of the check boxes are selected.
- When you click on the signature, you will get a notification regarding the validity of the signature.
- If you are still unable to validate the signature and get a message stating that the validity is unknown, browse to https://verify.arx.com:8080/dcvconfirm.html.
- This will update your certificate store on your computer. You will see the following on the screen:
- Close your browser and the PDF document, then reopen. The signature should be able to be validated at this point.