The St. Johns River Water Management District is committed to protecting the health and safety of its staff and the public, following guidance from the state of Florida and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- District offices are open to the public by appointment only.
- District staff are available by telephone or email from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Important District contacts
- Permits: 386-329-4570
- General questions: 386-329-4500
- Media: 904-730-6258 or 904-545-5064
- Staff directory: sjrwmd.com/contact
Emergency orders for continued operation
- The District issued Emergency Order 2020-10: Emergency Authorization for Continuity of Operations, Procurement, and Certain Other Measures Made Necessary by COVID-19, as amended and restated on May 8, 2020.
- The seventh amended order (dated March 1, 2021) extends the amended and restated order through April 27, 2021.
- The District issued Emergency Order 2020-11: Emergency Authorization for Extension of Certain Regulatory Deadlines Made Necessary by COVID-19, as amended and restated on May 11, 2020.
- The seventh amended order (dated March 1, 2021) extends the amended and restated order through April 27, 2021
Governing Board meetings
The Governing Board holds monthly public meetings both electronically and in-person for the benefit of the public wishing to participate. The Governing Board room will be open at a reduced capacity to provide an in-person option. The public also can watch the meeting online and offer comment by phone.
- See meeting dates and agendas.
- Offer comment on a board action by calling 386-329-4500 or toll-free at 800-451‑7106. A District staff member will guide you through the process to have your comments heard by the Governing Board.
- Find information on other virtual public meetings on our meetings and announcements page.
District public lands
Most District lands are currently open. Visitors are asked to keep an appropriate distance from other visitors and follow regular outdoor safety guidelines.
- Camping reopened on May 22.
- The Lake Apopka Wildlife Drive reopened to vehicle traffic on June 12.
- Visit the recreation announcements page for updates.
For the latest COVID-19 updates, visit Florida Department of Health website.