Camping on district lands to be suspended for 30 days
PALATKA, Fla., March 18, 2020 — The St. Johns River Water Management District is following continuing guidance from the state of Florida and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and taking proactive measures to protect staff and the public.
- Beginning Friday, March 20, at 11 a.m., all overnight camping reservations on St. Johns River Water Management District lands will be canceled for the next 30 days.
- Most district lands remain open for day use from sunrise to sunset. Visit sjrwmd.com/lands/recreation/announcements/ for more information.
- The Lake Apopka Wildlife Drive is closed until further notice to minimize social interaction.
- All district office locations are open only to employees. Staff are working and available by phone or email during regular office hours to conduct district business.
- Permit applications, compliance forms and other regulatory information can be found online through the district’s e-Permitting webpage, sjrwmd.com/permitting/.
Gov. Ron DeSantis has issued Executive Order 20-52 declaring a State of Emergency for COVID-19. To keep Florida residents and visitors safe and aware about the status of the virus, the Florida Department of Health is issuing regular updates as information becomes available. Visit the dedicated COVID-19 webpage for information and guidance regarding COVID-19 in Florida.